Wednesday 27 February 2019

Wednesday, 27-02-19

Good morning!

Today is the day that the magazine challenge all falls apart.  Out this morning, out this afternoon (a different out) and only half an hour between that and governors' training this evening.  Precious little time to eat and even less time to prepare anything.

So it's another topsy turvey menu.
B:  bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
Filling and should keep me going.
SW:  free

L:  smoked salmon pate (home made) with toast and a salad
I'll make this before I go out this morning.
SW:  healthy extra B for the toast

D:  fruit and yogurt
Hardly dinner, is it, but I know it will fill me and keep me going.
SW:  free

Ss:  Some warm milk when I get home after the training and a nibble of cheese for my two healthy extra As

It's odd - I am use to having a light start to the day and the main mean in the evening but it's totally upside down today!  Hopefully, it will go well, all the same.

I did a very rough audit of the freezers in readiness for the freezer challenge and this is what I found in the ready cooked meal department
seven portions of soup
twenty two (yes, really) main meals (not including the frozen meat, etc)
seven sides (not counting bags of frozen veg)
and also, four SW sauces to use to make meals.

Blimey!  No wonder I am short of freezer space!  Some of the mains are full meals and some need using to make a full meal but, with my weekends away, that's a month's worth, more or less.

I'ver got them all on a list and will cross them off as I use them.

2 comments:

  1. Well, as long as you're eating and have a good breakfast inside you....I sound like your mother! You have got a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's busiest one I've had for a long time but most of it should be pretty enjoyable!
      xx

      Delete