Sunday 3 February 2019

Sunday, 03-02-19

Good morning!
After a disaster day yesterday (lots of worries at present), here's hoping I can get back on track today.

B:  yogurt and fruit
SW:  free

L:  tomato and lentil soup, bread to dunk
SW:  the bread will be my healthy extra B

D:  lamb in minted gravy, cheesy mash, assorted veg (probably carrots and cabbage); yogurt for dessert
SW:  the lamb is a frozen lamb hock from Aldi and is two syns for each one - we're sharing two between three as I don't know how much meat there actually is on each on and it's the first time I've had this.  Hoping it will be nice because it's a manageable price whereas buying a whole joint is just shockingly expensive.  The cheese will be my As.  The yogurt will be one syn.

Ss:  fruit

Fingers crossed and mouth closed!

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to read you had a bad day with lots of worries, ours was a bit of a roller coaster too, some good news but ending on another worry. Life is never boring, is it? (sometimes I wish it was!). Hope the lamb is nice, and that your day is a better one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It's a pain how stresses can make you want to eat so much, isn't it!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Yes. It was chocolate for me yesterday...I'm not a chocoholic by any means (I prefer savoury things) but it was what I wanted yesterday.

      Delete
    3. It's those carbs in any shape or form. Carbs and fat. They're a right pain!
      And they don't even work, not really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy

    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a lot of worries (it seems that many of us are having a bumpy ride at the moment). I'm impressed that you're determined to attempt to get back on track today - it certainly isn't easy. Fingers crossed that you are successful. Do you know if the lamb is a regular stock item or just a 'special'? We didn't go into Aldi this week.

    Have a good day.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a regular. It was in with the frozen meat. If it's nice, I might stock up on a few, for treat's. I love lamb but, as I said, a joint is way too costly.
      Thanks and commiserations to you too. It can be trickly and maybe this cold and often gloomy weather doesn't help.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the info about the lamb. I don't really look in the freezer section. I'll see what your 'report' is about it and mention it to hubby when we next shop there.

      Carolx

      Delete
    3. I've posted it and hope it helps. I will definitely be having it again!
      xx

      Delete