Tuesday 19 February 2019

Tuesday, 19-02-19

Good morning.

Yesterday's photo diary:
Breakfast was yogurt and an easy peeler.







Lunch:  SW tomato soup with a dollop of natural yogurt.  Tasty but not artistic in the least!














Dinner:  fully loaded wedges; no room for a side salad as this satisfied perfectly well.







It's nice to be back home and in charge of my own supplies again for a while.  Yesterday I had the fun making my first Magazine Meal and it was lovely.  I also had a go at making my yogurt in the instant pot rather than in my yogurt maker and it worked well too.  I've done separate posts about both of these.

Today's plans:
B:  yogurt and fruit
Back to my natural yogurt again and very thankful that all the Mullerlight freebies have been used.  I wasn't going to waste them but I did get rather tired of the two flavours after a while.
SW:  free

L:  soup, smoked salmon dip and vegetable batons, fruit
It may sound lavish but actually it's using up leftovers.  The soup was left from yesterday while the ingredients for the dip were left over from last week so really do need using up.  I'm off for a jolly to Hyde Hall so it will be a sort of picnic, hopefully.
SW:  free

D:  pasta with salmon and peas (BBC Good Food, Feb, p108) and a side salad
This is a simple Magazine recipe, optimised from the 'use up leftovers' page.  I won't be using up leftovers, I will cook salmon and peas from fresh but that's OK.  I could use tuna instead, I suppose, but I fancy salmon.  I'll let you know how it goes
SW:  one healthy extra A for the pasta sauce

Ss:  a choccy-milky drink for the other A and two syns, Beck's blues for two syns each and I have to find a healthy extra B from somewhere.  Maybe I will take some bread with me on my picnic.

And I've just realised there's a salmon overload again but tough - I'm sure I will survive!  I just think it's great that I can have such delicious food and not worry about weight gain.

Finally, I took a screen shot of my list of meals from the magazines I looked through and here it is.  Plenty of choice, as you can see.  I'm just ticking them off as I give them a whirl.




2 comments:

  1. There are some intriguing sounding meals there, Joy (Burger jacket, Giant potato rosti with smoked salmon, Posh egg, chips and beans for a start!). What do the numbers signify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers are the pages where I can find the recipe and the bits in brackers is either how many syns or whether the recipe needs optimising - adapting.
      I'm particularly keen on trying the rosto one - it's supposed to be a breakfast, I think, but you could have it for any meal really.
      I had the egg chips and beans planned for dinner tonight and then realised that would be chips two days running.
      xx

      Delete