Wednesday 13 February 2019

Wednesday, 13-02-19

Good morning.
Just one photo for yesterday.
Breakfast was a yogurt and lunch was a bean and veg soup and a satsuma


Dinner was shredded chicken in a cheesy sauce, made by adding a bit of stock to the chicken. heating it up and then melting in one healthy extras worth of cheese spread.  It went beautifully with the sprouts and the carrot and parsnip chips (yum) but looks a bit bland, doesn't it?  It wasn't though.  It would be great on rice or with pasta.

I cooked the chicken (four breasts I found on YS) in the Instant pot and they were very tender and 'shred-able'.  Good flavour and the resulting stock was also useful.



Today's plans:
B:  corned beef hash, egg, mushrooms
The other half of the can of corned beef I opened on Monday.
SW: one and a half syns for the meat

L:  out to visit a friend so no idea.

D:  SW chilli (frozen SW meal) and I'll let you know!  Also a side salad
Not particularly frugal as it stands although, if it's anything like the others I have tried, there will be way too much and I will set aside half for another day which takes it into the better value category.
SW:  I will syn the mayo if I have any on my salad

Ss:  not sure, it all depends on what lunch is.  I have healthy extras to fit in somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. I must say these Instant Pots do sound very useful. The chicken looks and sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scrummy and I will use the same idea in other ways - under toppings with added veg (mushroom and leek should nice), with rice and pasta, etc, as well as using the shredded chicken in quesadillas, toasties, etc. A useful addition to my range of SW friendly meals, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy. I am wondering which sort of Instant Pot you have bought as it sounds very good? I have seen a few online but not sure of the differences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://instantpot.com/
      This is the Instant Pot site and I have the Duo60 EU. It's available on Amazon with a pretty significant reduction.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've seen a couple of programs regarding the instant pot. It's sounds great albeit expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I paid the full price, I wouldn't - if you see what I mean. Yes, it is not cheap.
      xx

      Delete