Monday 25 February 2019

Monday, 25-02-19

Good morning!

Yesterday's photo diary:
I will just say that yesterday was such a yummy day . . .



Breakfast:  Posh and perfect!




Lunch:  potato rosti with smoked salmon (with apologies for the poor lighting)

















And a close up - because it was worth it!









Dinner:  salmon and veg traybake.  I learned several things.  I learned that I love roasted beetroot.  I learned that beetroot and salmon are a taste combination made in heaven.  And I learned that ten or fifteen minutes in the oven does not properly cook broccoli and next time I will pre-boil it.
Different but very, very tasty.




Today's magazine recipe challenge meals - all three meals too!

B:  English breakfast pitta (or wrap), from Feb's EasyCook, p 3
This is actually between two crumpets but crumpets don't feature as a SW goodie so I was going to use a pitta instead until I found I was out of pitta (it's now on the list) so a wrap it must be!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap and one syn for two tbsp Morrisons brown sauce.

L:  feel good fishcakes from Feb's EasyCook, p 17; salad
It uses sardines as the fish and I will make two portions which uses one can of sardines.  It will be optimised by using extra light mayo and frying with spray oil, not the 40mls of oil the recipe asks for.  Also, to use up a healthy extra A, I will add some grated cheese or some soft cheese to the mixture.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one syn for the lighter than light mayo

D:  burger in a bowl - Nov/Dec SW magazine, p 36, salad
Really I wanted to use up the other burger I made last week and froze and this fitted the bill nicely.  It's just the burger, fried, on top of a nice, mixed salad with some SW chips on the side.
SW: free

Ss:  fruit, cheese to nibble or a choccy milky drink (two syns for the drink, the other healthy extra A for the either)



No comments:

Post a Comment